I Forge Iron

Yellow Rose Forge

Hi,

I'm Billy Salyers. I got started in smithing in August of 2017. Every year, I do a project with my kids as a way to teach them the basic skills they need for life. It also helps me do one of the things I enjoy most, spend time with my kids. Yellow Rose Forge was born out of such a project. Together, my sons and I built our own forge from scratch and began teaching ourselves the art of forging metal into beautiful objects. Enough people asked us about it to justify setting up shop. It didn't hurt that about a week after we started that someone told us about a certain TV show...you know the one.

Anyway, I've been blessed to find a group of local smiths who are more than willing to share their knowledge and experience. I make a lot of chef's knives, mostly because I've been able to sell a lot of them but also because I love to use them.  I'm still learning, but I've come a long way. I'm a bit  old school in that I hate buying a tool when I think I can make it, and I'm a penny pincher too, so I save every scrap piece of metal to the detriment of my shop's organization.

I've spent more than a few hours looking over the forums here and finally decided to start posting. I don't know how much I have to add, but what little I do, I'll gladly share, as others have done so for me.  link removed  I'll hopefully be posting some stuff here as well.

Thank for all the help you have given me already.