I Forge Iron

Anvil identity

I am a new member. Just acquired this anvil and would like to know something about it. It weighs about 100 lbs. The logo is stamped in, not raised. Also has a large number " 8" on the front. It is rusty and logo beaten up pretty badly, but the top is flat, has 3/4 Hardy hole and about a 3/8 or so other hole. Any help is appreciated

17399.jpeg

17419.png

Thanks for the feed back guys. Now for another question. I have read a lot about the bearing drop for rebound test. What I have not been able to do is find a 1 inch or even a 3/4 inch ball bearing to use for the test. Where do you get these at? I have checked at scrap metal places and industrial supply houses. ??

I pulled all of mine out of large flange bearings. I was at the scrap yard the other day and found all kinds of bearings. Look for something like this the bigger the better. 

bearing 01.jpg

If you find one like this or similar the bearing will spin out of the housing and you then cut the outer race to get to the "ball bearings". If you find one post a picture and we will walk you through getting the balls. I have thought of making a video showing different common bearings and how to get the balls out.

WiFi has been down. Couldn't reply. Thanks for all of the comments. I went on Ebay, as someone suggested, and ordered some Monday. They came in today, 1/2,3/4, 7/8,and a 1 inch for about $5.00, with free shipping. Not free, but I have them now. My Fisher and the other one rebounds right at 8" from a 10" drop. Good enough for now.