I Forge Iron

What Would Your Anvil Say?

The first five things I thought my anvil might say would have gotten me banned.  This thread is bound to get someone in trouble.  

Speaking of which...my anvil would likely say, “strap me down ...this sand isn’t doing if for me.”

I saw my 1st anvil the other day at my dad's shop and she wouldn't even look at me after I replaced her.  I suspect she was an ASO anyways and once I saw that beautiful German Trenton, well she went back where I borrowed her.  I thought about bringing her back home, but oh the jealousy and fighting that might ensue from the workshop.

" If you hit me with that hammer one more time I'm going to fall on your toes"  "I set out here in the cold all winter while you were in Sunny Warm Florida, and now you are home I'm suppose to welcome you and let you beat on me. I don't think so!" 

Most anvils are purchased used. Most of those anvils have been well cared for by their previous owners, and look forward to providing years of service to the new owners. All they require is a hot metal message and a bit of a rub down with light oil at the end of the day. In return they will try to teach you those blemishes are actually features, and other things the previous owners did. If you are gentle, loving, and show the anvil your appreciation, they will in return help you make money.   

If the anvil were to get fussy, then shut down the shop and walk away. Come back when your in a better mood, because it is not the anvils fault. My anvil is patient between visits, knowing that I have a life outside the smithy. When I arrive it is always ready to go to work. It wants to know what we are making today and how it can help with the project. We work together. With each project it provides the best service that it can. In return, I provide a rub down with light oil at the end of the day, and a thank you for helping me.

Come on guys, did you miss the theme of this thread? What would your ANVIL say to you? We already know what you have to say about your anvil and most of us who've used one for a while tend to agree.

Get with the game, this is supposed to be a fun thread, not a testimonial. :rolleyes:

Some people <SHEESH>

Frosty The Lucky.