I might have the opportunity to purchase a benchtop mill but I have not found one for sale anywhere that will give me an idea of price so wanted to see if anyone knew about this one

expectations are light work mostly in AL and mild steel for spacers etc and motorcycle stuff I do for fun

9716815D-594D-4171-B924-030179063C43.jpeg

FBE4C028-C287-4789-9316-4937B1E8F78B.jpeg

F1027987-3D30-4AF0-9A23-78FFFFA139A9.jpeg

Have you looked at what they say about it at homeshopmachinist.net?  Looks to be a nice one.  However you need to check if it uses  standard, easily available, tooling.

That's a nice little mill---and appears to be a combination horizontal with a vertical head mounted on it.  In theory, there should be a bit more junk to properly operate in the horizontal mode---some sort of overarm system to hold the H shaft in place.  Looking closer--it looks like the H goodies might be there in the pile.

Vice on it is junk---but might get you by briefly.  Vice below is a drill press vice and would likely not work well for any milling.  As TP said, make sure that it either has all the collets you need if it's a bit unusual or that it uses R8 collets (the universal standard for machines in this size range).  Collets are probably still available if this one is a bit unusual but the cost can add up quickly.  It wouldn't be a deal breaker but would affect pricing.  Doesn't look like R8 but they make R8 collet to DA (double angle) collet holders so it might actually be set up that way (makes tooling quicker to change and is a common "upgrade")

At a anything less than a grand, I'd probably jump on that in my area.  2 grand is likely high unless there is more to it than can be seen.  I've seen similar listed from anywhere ranging $ 600 or so to $ 2K or so so there is too much variation to give much help on the price.  A very similar one with just the horizontal and no vertical head (and a little better machine) was recently listed at $ 600 in my area and didn't fly out the door.  

Here's mine, does a good job as long as you don't get too ambitious. Cuts smoothly with no chatter. Collets are a challenge to find, don't remember exactly what size they are but it's an unusual one. The Rusnok vertical attachment is real handy.

20181028_184001.jpg

20181028_183941.jpg