I Forge Iron

alldays eye-candy and problems

As some of you know, I purchased a 1 CWT Alldays and onions power hammer last year maybe around this time. I've been extremely pleased with this hammer, however I've had a ton of problems with my hammer, most are caused by my own ignorance. for example, I had put way too thick of oil in it when I first got it, and it completely crippled the hammer. for now I'm going to post some pictures and videos of the hammer for walls enjoyment and eye candy. when I have time throughout the next upcoming weeks, ill post specific photos of problems, and how I solved them. I hope I can give back and provide some value for someone out there. I received a huge outreach from people with these hammers when I had problems, such as Owen Bush, Allen Evans, Alec Steele and many more. Kevin Willey seems to be the beaudey man, Mark Krause seems to be the pneumatic man, and I want to see if I can be the Alldays Man;)

I look forward to posting about my screw ups!here is a youtube video I made detailing my hammer 

and here is a video using the hammer to forge a Damascus machete 

IMG_4198.JPG

IMG_4145.JPG

fullsizeoutput_137.jpeg

IMG_2523.JPG

fullsizeoutput_14e.jpeg

IMG_1993.JPG

IMG_3620.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

Great video, big looking ram for a 1cwt hammer... looks to run great, and plenty of control for that mosaic welding and shape forging.  You appear to be in need of a treadle extension though... that's a lot of balancing with one leg way up!
That's a sweet machine.