I Forge Iron

New Gas Forge Cart

tdriack

Just thought I'd share a quick picture of my new and improved cart.

With spring here, and mud.... I decided it was time to upgrade my carts casters with real wheels so I don't have to fight with it in the gravel driveway. Also, my other biggest pain was protecting my regulator when it is disconnected from a propane tank. I ended up taking a valve body off an old 20lb tank and tapped it for a bolt and cut off the valve handle and then mounted it on the cart leg - so it has a safe storage spot now. The actual stand is from Harbor freight with angle welded onto the bottom for mounting the wheels.

Gas Forge Cart.JPG

That's a good idea, consider it adopted and often copied. What kind of regulator is that? I'm not familiar with the look.

I picked up a toddler sized bicycle at the dump a couple years ago and still haven't gotten around to using them for a yard cart. I also picked up a couple old junker wheel chairs for the same purpose, they have large casters. 

Looks good.

Frosty The Lucky.

Sorry Frosty - Didn't see your post until now.

It's a surplus Lab/industrial regulator I picked up somewhere? Swap or yard sale maybe. Its actually rated for hydrogen specifically - but works fine with propane. It also came with a huge spark arrestor on it - but I took it off for this set up.

IMG_0773.JPG

PS - lol I used gas rated teflon tape.........