I Forge Iron

Found my first anvil?

Tightens and loosens doesn't necessarily mean the screen is good but it's a start. ;) the screen should have decently square threads. 

Anyway it it functions $30. Isn't a bad price. A spring and mount are not hard to make. 

If you want a bit of fun forging challenging forging you could forge a new handle for it. 

If the screw and screwbox are in good condition---threads square, no cracks---BUY IT; I'd bet you would find folks here that would give you $30 just for a replacement screw/screwbox!  Cheap for your area and there are a lot of ways to add a leg to it ranging from Fancy---forge welding a new one to the stub, arc welding a new one to the stub, brazing, down to slipping a piece of pipe on the stub...

As for the mounting bracket, grind it off and build a traditional one and forge a spring for it too.  (A Q&D mounting plate can be made from a piece of uneven leg angle iron and an UNPLATED U bolt forged to fit the leg.  A lot of Columbian postvises used that set up direct from the factory!) Hmm I see that the angle iron extends at least on the side shown.  If on both sides you can drill 2 holes and Ubolt a spring on...