I Forge Iron

Hello From Southwest Ohio

Cincinnatus

Hello,

My name is Mike and I am looking to learn as much as I can.  I live in southwest Ohio and keep myself busy with woodworking and beekeeping right now but after taking a welding course and a machinist course I am looking at metal working to maybe complement woodworking pieces.  I am signed up to take a course in blacksmithing and don't have anything set up yet but I figured this would be a great place to read about what works, what doesn't and ask questions.

What really really works is showing up to the Quad-State Blacksmiths Round-Up in late September in Troy Ohio.  I plan to attend though my dive is about 1500 miles, each way!

Attending SOFA meetings is good too---we used to carpool from Columbus Ohio to Tipp city and then Troy; I built 2 of my first propane forges at workshops put on by Sofa.

The IBA conference about an hour north of Indianapolis is smaller than Quad-State but a lot sooner being early June.

Note you may find an ABANA affiliate closer to you in a different state being on the border