I Forge Iron

Finn's SPECTACULAR first sword

TheoRockNazz

He forged the modified type XVIIIb blade in 80CrV2, and the guard & pommel from mild steel. The handle is leather wrapped walnut, then everything was blackened. Did I mention he's only 15?! I am thinking a fun Forged In Fire episode would be just my four best students going head to head because they are getting daaaarn good.

2018-03-31 18.12.12.jpg

2018-03-31 18.12.27.jpg

2018-03-31 18.12.41.jpg

Oh GREAT Theo, now EVERY teenage boy is going to want to forge a sword! Where are the future coin and stamp collectors going to come from if you keep turning out bladesmiths like this?

Nice blade, he's earned that big fat grin. 

Frosty The Lucky.

Wood boxcar would be enough. You'd still have to get through the metal frame.

Dead troll or live? Live would really be a true KEEL test, although outcome might be questionable.

Couldn't resist the attempt at humor, but I do admit, I really like Forged In Fire. Watch every episode. Imagine someone coming back from their home forge with a light saber. LOL

Copperheads I have seen. Not much of a problem in my location but in the mountains more so. So far right now winter does not want to let go. We had a few beautiful days and now it's been snowing and cold again. It would be nice to get a little bit of dry warm weather so the ground will dry up a little. 

Only supposed to get up to 84 today with 25-35 mph winds and gusts to 50 mph. Humidity is 6% so you might say it's drying out the ground---except that it's already dried out...Kind of weather where I wash all my dirty bluejeans and hang them in the bedroom to dry and put some humidity in the air overnight.

We don't have many rattlesnake in TN, but I have seen and killed a ton of cottonmouths and copperheads.  When I was 14 I got one by jumping on its neck to hold it down and cutting it's head of with my knife.  IIRC I was Barefoot too. Little redneck farmboy...

A basement is where desert dwellers have to keep their humidity, or did when I were one.

I have a snake lives on the front porch, bought it when the toilet was plugged. (No, nothing so manly MAN.) Do all you guys name your snakes and what do you call the toilet?

Frosty The Lucky.