I Forge Iron

Very nice work and layout. What is the backing piece? 

The simple element of the division at the bottom of the backing really adds depth and defines the water. Well done. 

Are the heads  solid? That would get pretty heavy. If you don't mind my asking how are they attached to the copper body? 

29 minutes ago, Daswulf said:

Very nice work and layout. What is the backing piece? 

The simple element of the division at the bottom of the backing really adds depth and defines the water. Well done. 

Are the heads  solid? That would get pretty heavy. If you don't mind my asking how are they attached to the copper body? 

The head is just hammered out sheet metal and welded to the body. The backing piece is nice stone that was left over from the building. The ducks are life sized. I've been thinking about making a life sized eagle but that'd be a lot of work and I'd want to have a buyer lined up.

Wow. Outstanding. I have looked thousands of Ducks in the eye - I raised them for a time - three thousand at a time, from day-old to fully fledged. Your creatures exude the spirit of the Duck, and evoke some fine memories for me. Splendid.

Robert Taylor

• 3 weeks later...