I Forge Iron

Forge Plans needed.

Der_krieger

So I'm taking a pipe fitting class, and for final projects we can make a personal project, so I decided to make a coal forge. But we need a blueprint to build it off of. So I was wondering if anyone has blueprints for a small(ish) coal forge, just something that can do knives and other small projects. It would be preferable to have welded construction, other wise just the usual accommodations for a blower, ash dump, etc.

Welcome to IFI -- it's good to have you here. If you haven't yet, please READ THIS FIRST!!! (And yes, as @Steve Sells notes rather bluntly, we do appreciate people doing at least basic research before asking questions.)

That said, take a look at Mark Aspery's instructions for a side-blast forge with water-cooled tuyere. They are online here.

The plans exclude the hearth, or pan. Which is 9-12” to 10” deep, typicaly 30” square (a 30” square of steel or fire brick as a table set at the end is a very nice addition making your entire hearth 30x60. It also dose not include the side draught hood. We have a section for flues as well that has more than enough information for you to be able to draw up a set of plans. 

If you lack the skills I bet a little asking around and you can find some one taking drafting classes to take on the project for a couple of cases of fermented adult soda pop.