I Forge Iron
Sign in to follow this  
Dabbsterinn

5th year forging

So a memory just popped up on my facebook feed showing my first complete project, I figured I should celebrate my 5 year milestone so are there any suggestions on what I should make or do in the shop?

Re-create your first complete project to compare how far you've come with your technique. See if you can make it better, faster, prettier than you did originally.

How about a pattern welded sceax with the best jokes from Burnt Njal's saga in the pattern?

10 minutes ago, ThomasPowers said:

How about a pattern welded sceax with the best jokes from Burnt Njal's saga in the pattern?

that would be a fun one but I'm still struggling with just getting a billet welded together, maybe I'll practice pattern welding more, I'll make it my 10 year milestone

Just the thing to go with the fermented shark, Kæstur hákarl   (Which I still believe was invented to top lutefisk....)

Stands to reason: if the Scots invented Uisge Beatha to get the taste of haggis out of your mouth, the Icelanders had to find something equally potent for the fermented shark.