I Forge Iron

NG in Maryland

Bozious

Hi.

I've been creepin on these forums for awhile now and finally decided to lock it down. I've always been interested in blacksmithing since I was a wee lad! I have a scar on my leg to prove it from heating up a piece of metal and hitting it with a hammer and having a glowing piece fly into my leg at age 11! I'm 49 and have spent the better part of 3 decades as a chef. More recently i am a stay at home day and finally, FINALLY pulled the trigger on a blacksmith career! I have a very long way to go until I get near my goals but I'm taking baby steps. Current project 55 gallon drum refractory cement Coal forge, still on the drafting table. As to what I understand I have the 3 most important things to start... Desire, time, supportive wife! Lol! 

I look forward to meeting folks on here and gleaning as much knowledge as I can stuff in my melon.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome

My wife's blessing came when I told her that once I start learning some basic things I could recoup some of the money by making small things to sell. Will it happen? Doubtful since no-one will really care about little coat hooks or a "what the **** is that thing" but the fact remains that I COULD, and that's what matters. LMAO