I saw a thread that mentioned bodkins, I was wondering how I would make them.

I was thinking about taking a piece of 1/2 inch square stock and forging a taper into it, then using a hardy fuller to indent the faces.

The thread here.

I will post pictures as soon as I can.

The thread started by Benton covers the subject well but I'm going to post Hector Cole's site again to reinforce his position as an expert at forging arrow and spear heads. He's your man if you EVER get a chance to watch a demo or talk to him. Maybe he'll tour the US someday.

http://hectorcoleironwork.com

Frosty The Lucky.

Our pleasure.:) Forging arrow and spear heads isn't a matter of special tooling or trick ways to use what you have, It's almost purely a skill product. 

Longitudinally fluted arrow and pear heads are a specialty item and can use a little dedicated tooling but that's for later.

Frosty The Lucky.

On 16/03/2018 at 12:27 PM, Frosty said:

Longitudinally fluted arrow and pear heads 

I don’t know why, probably because I’m over exhausted, but his made me picture a tall skinny pear playing a small pan flute ... I think I need to go to bed.

2 hours ago, VainEnd84 said:

I don’t know why, probably because I’m over exhausted, but his made me picture a tall skinny pear playing a small pan flute ... I think I need to go to bed.

Uh . . . O-K-A-Y .  Hit us with what you're envisioning when you get up and have a cup of coffee or tea, whatever gets you revved up some, we know how it is. We'll be around and watching. ;)

Frosty the Lucky.