MastaStan

Puukko sheath finished.

Finally finished this puukko sheath out of Buffalo leather with a accoya wood insert (rot resistant).  Posted the puukko late last year and it's had plenty of use and really proved itself as a nice field/bushcraft knife.

It's my first real attempt at a sheath and although it's not the best, I think it came out OK.

IMG_20180314_192142.jpg

IMG_20180314_192204.jpg

IMG_20180314_192322.jpg

IMG_20171004_161114.jpg

Beautiful! i love the choice of woods and layout of that handle. The traditional sheath looks really authenthic.

Very nice. That's a great contrast between the sophistication of the handle and the rugged simplicity of the sheath.

Im with everybody else, its elegance lies in its simplicity. Nothing complicated, all functional. Looks good. 

And i really like that knife, btw. Lines are very clean and that handle is awesome!

Very nice 

I cut a small green elder burl from a bush a couple of years ago it has been sitting in my shop since. That is what I would like to do with it since it is not quite big enough for full handle scales

Thanks everyone. Really enjoyed making this knife and sheath. Its a keeper I think, although I've got a lot of people asking me to acquire it! Think I'll be making some more