I Forge Iron

cabin fever

ausfire

23 hours ago, SLAG said:

Mr. Dabbsterinn,

5 layers of clothes is excessive. I suspect that that each layer fits tightly

they're actually not tight, also all of the layers are rather thin, they go something like this: wool undershirt> long sleeved shirt>flannel shirt>fire retardant shirt>sweater they're all loose except the undershirt and in my experience I don't sweat unless the forge is running on full power and I'm striking but then I just take the sweater off and I'm good. 

I have a feeling that the reason I'm not sweating is because my feet are always cold-ish, not enough to bother me but I'll give this technique a try next time it gets that cold here

thank you for the advice  Mr. SLAG

Cabin Fever is a state of mind I have discovered after 70+ yrs, also discovered that at this age the mind is in a state of confusion often. Just keep moving your mind around onto different things.   My mother's remedy was if nothing else to do get outside and shovel snow (we always seem to have a surplus of it) and even it there is no need for the snow to be moved it will not hurt the snow and gives a little exercise.