I Forge Iron

Selling knives in Spain

ForgesRicart

Hi, I would like to know if anyone has experience on selling knives in Catalunya, Spain, but if you have any it would be really helpful.

and just to give a bit of background, I'm a 15-year-old blacksmith who hasn't got much experience on this ambit, just for 9 months or so, although I do have a lot of experience on arc welding and with the angle grinder. Now I'm waiting to have more experience and to finish my studies to be fully dedicated to blacksmithing. Despite this, I would like to produce small camping knives and sell them on little village markets, as there is a very large tradition of handmade stuff market here in Catalunya. Also, I have a coal (coke) forge which I made my self which really doesn't work well, although just fine for knife making. Still aiming to build My self a better one.

Hola. I'm not conversant with the laws in Spain but would expect them to be generally alighned with European Union dictat, so likely similar to those in the UK. I would expect a restriction on the sale of knives to any minor and likewise the sale of them to anyone by a minor. I suggest you check out your local laws as that may be problem for you. As for the forging part, all I can say is you are in the right place for helpfull advice.