I Forge Iron

Gas forge not heating enough to forge

AbundantSkunk

I have a 4.5 in wide 10.25 in long and 7 in tall forge and the opening is 2in wide by 4.5 in tall propane forge. When I am trying to forge the inside of the forge doesn't get red or start to glow and my metal can barely get a dark red where the torches are. I closed off the back. I have 2 max heat torches and I'm using max heat propane. And I have coated the inside of my forge with itc 100ht. 

Any tips on what to do to make my forge hotter?

You are using hard fire brick, which is a poor insulator, and a pair of small hand torches to attempt to make a forge.  Neither of these is close to adequate.  You need real high temperature insulation, a burner, and adjustable regulator.  Please read through some of the posts in this section of the forum for additional detail.

1 minute ago, Latticino said:

You are using hard fire brick, which is a poor insulator, and a pair of small hand torches to attempt to make a forge.  Neither of these is close to adequate.  You need real high temperature insulation, a burner, and adjustable regulator.  Please read through some of the posts in this section of the forum for additional detail.

Ok will do