I Forge Iron

forged welding for beginners help ?

It's kind of hard to understand this, but if you're asking what I think you're asking the answer is a resounding NO!  The only thing you'll accomplish with that setup is an exercise in frustration and a lot of fuel burned.   Take some time to read through some of the topics here regarding forge welding.  Use the search engine on your favorite web browser and include "iforgeiron" in your search terms.  That will get you much better results than the site search function.

May be I was being too hard on the poster, Obviously English is not his first  language wherever he is from,  Perhaps if he posts his location we can assist better in his language. All I can see from his profile is that he was been a member since July 2010 so not exactly a new member

A rap tomahawk - is that the kind you bend around in a U shape to form the handle eye and forge weld the two ends together for the blade? The answer is still no, you need a bit more heat than a weed burner can produce, and a neutral to slightly reducing flame atmosphere, which you could probably get in a brick pile forge, but not with that kind of burner.

Would that be like a cross between a hawk and a "Hunga Munga"?

Seriously I suspect he's asking about a "wrapped" hawk. In any case, your forge will NOT work, it's only slightly better than a kitchen range burner.

Go charcoal if you can't or don't want to buy or build a proper propane burner.

Frosty The Lucky.

Doing a wrap around forge weld with a Harbor Freight weed burner will not be very effective unless you can get enough bricks to form an enclosed forge to help hold the heat. Also some of those weed burners do not put out a strong enough flame to do it.

You would probably do better with a fire pit and charcoal.

• 1 month later...