I Forge Iron

Propane burner

Joey smith

Unless you're planning on using it as a hand torch, how it burns outside the forge at 20+ PSI is rather irrelevant.  Once you get it into the forge body, you'll have some back-pressure, which will make the performance of the burner a bit different.  I suspect in the forge you'll be able to go to 30 PSI.

J is correct, in that it will burn better inside a forge. However, your photo shows two problems: to begin with, you don't have a neutral flame; also your flame is off center, which is at least a contributing factor in its instability, if not the entire reason. Look into centering the flame and shoot us another photo :)

Im Using .035 mig tip used some gas tape to tighten up the fit . Still need some set screws to hold directly down the tube .1.5 to .75 inch bell on top bottom is .75 to 1 inch i left the threads in the bottom or flame side. Should I remove these? And is .035 enough or should I open it up to a larger orifice? The flame seems better with the tape but still id like better. Please advise oh great burner gods! P.S. new photos attached.

6A38FE92-9A0D-4C58-B7F4-F9852F8C3B80.jpeg

6231D713-6DA0-49DF-AD6B-C08CE4EFA8AE.jpeg

A1B1F056-6828-43B4-A31A-0DE03BB69451.jpeg

The first photo was still a little off-side, but it was less so than before; resulting in a barely neutral flame, instead of the reducing flame your burner had previously. The second flame is darn fine, and you could be happy with it in a forge, and never look back. The third flame is only acceptable. Go back to whatever you were doing in the second photo :)

You guys are just getting too sharp! Don't you have a harder problem to bring us?