I Forge Iron

ember problems

If your hands need protection, wear the PROPER glove to provide that protection. 

During forging, the hand needs to comfortably grip and control the hammer. The off hand needs to comfortably grip and control the stock. This can be accomplished many times with the proper tongs. When you move to other process such as chiseling, punching, and working close to hot metal, the application has changed and the need for hand protection has changed also. Like choosing the proper pair of tongs, you then need to choose the proper pair of gloves to protect your hands.

As we discuss the merits of wearing or not wearing gloves, we need to put the application and the protection needed into context. There are many different types and styles of gloves, specifically designed for a particular purpose.

Remember that gloves are a consumable item that should be replaced as needed and always replaced before it becomes a safety issue.

13 hours ago, lyuv said:

I MUST use glove on my hammer hand, because I keep getting a xxxx blister. Could'nt find any other solution.

Try shaving the hammer shaft to fit your hand properly, and don't use too tight a grip. All tools you make or use should be comfortable.

Blisters are a sign of doing something you are not used to ... or ... doing something the wrong way. 

I have hands the size of dinner plates and arms the size of some folks legs, yet when I occasionally use a scythe to clear the weeds in my veggie garden, i get a blister on my left thumb.  

Either I am doing something wrong, or the handle I made myself, is wrong, or I just don't have the thick skin required in the right places. 

Considering you are 14, I must assume your hands skin is still on the thin side. You will need to experiment with a different grip, a different handle, different hammer, and be patient for your body to adapt to the new activity without injury. I suggest (just a guess) that you find Hofi hammer technique and follow it. Don't use too heavy hammers.

When I was your age I was a keen gymnast and we used hand protection that consisted in a narrow strip of leather on the palms fitted to the wrist and with two holes for the middle and ring finger. Just an example of how gloves can be different for different tasks. I love my fingerless gloves, but you will have to find the right protection for you, and may be eventually no protection? you will figure it out for sure :)