I Forge Iron

Dwarven hunting knife

basher

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found Wargs to be very unsuited for use as structural members in a boat, sitting on them is even worse! One end is snappish and the other *stinks* (more so than the Warg in general).  Also  if you try to fasten one down to the boat frame they tend to get quite upset. OTOH I probably could work out building a coracle from one or more of them.

Do you suppose medieval fantasy characters get together in their down time and have extended gaming sessions of "Offices and Accountants"?   I see a dim torchlit room off the side of a dungeon and a sign reading "Smoting is Not Allowed in This Area."

No basements out here; everything is built on a slab; but I can get you into some D&D games with folks from one of the worlds best Astrophysics Research Organizations.  The don't check if you have a PhD at the door...

And JHCC wouldn't one necessitate the other? Been hoping to use wast in conversation lately; (I read the *authorized* King James edition just for such things!)

So misspelling a word while correcting someone regarding spelling (even though it was intentional in order to provide an apparently failed play on words) is standard for those who are English?

gram´mer

(grăm´mẽr)

n. 1. Grammar; - a common misspelling.
1 minute ago, JHCC said:

"Smote" is past tense. "Smiting" is present progressive. Past progressive would be "was smiting"; "smoting" ain't a real word.

While true I'm beginning to believe you guys could suck the fun out of Disneyland on some days :)

Ok, we'll try this one more time.  "Smote"  is the past tense of "smite."  There is no word "smoting."   It was an intentionally made up version of the past tense of "smite" for the sole purpose of sounding similar to "smoking."  Depending on how you view the "mistake" it could be seen as either a spelling or a grammar error. Regardless it was not an "error" at all in the sense that it wasn't an unintended misspelling or incorrect use of tense, and therefore needed no correction.  

JHCC has "Grammar Hammer" in his user info.  My intention was to make a light-hearted reference to that in my response.  Obviously it's sometimes difficult to determine sarcasm and intentional misuse of language over the internet.  I'll try to refrain in the future, although I won't promise that I'll be successful.

4 minutes ago, Buzzkill said:

Ok, we'll try this one more time.  "Smote"  is the past tense of "smite."  There is no word "smoting."   It was an intentionally made up version of the past tense of "smite" for the sole purpose of sounding similar to "smoking."  Depending on how you view the "mistake" it could be seen as either a spelling or a grammar error. Regardless it was not an "error" at all in the sense that it wasn't an unintended misspelling or incorrect use of tense, and therefore needed no correction.  

JHCC has "Grammar Hammer" in his user info.  My intention was to make a light-hearted reference to that in my response.  Obviously it's sometimes difficult to determine sarcasm and intentional misuse of language over the internet.  I'll try to refrain in the future, although I won't promise that I'll be successful.

So you smoted instead of smited...I grammered instead of grammared...TP was impressed instead of being depressed....and the OP speiled and wrote a novel instead of just posting a knife for everyone to druel over.

We all win...eventually!

Steve Sells said something too but I forget..

Wow, this thread is hot now. They say any publicity is good publicity!

I think my next post might be something along the lines of........

Asgard letter opener meets krypton sheath...that'll get the rabblers (like me) rabbling!