I Forge Iron

Help with identification - hanchett manufacturing

vthokie93

Picked up this forge recently and I am wondering if anyone knows much about it. I did some googling and couldn't really find any information on the hood, at least that is the only part of the forge tagged with anything. It has hanchett manufacturing with a size 132 tag on it. The blower is a champion model 40. I am sure it will suit me well, i just need to work on finding a source for coal locally now

IMG_2790.JPG

IMG_2788.JPG

IMG_2789.JPG

5 minutes ago, JHCC said:

Very cool. 

Oh, and welcome to IFI. If you haven't yet, please READ THIS FIRST!

Updated my location, in terms of research I really did look for this searching a number of different things but didn't have any luck finding any real information. I am not sure if the forge as a whole is made by this company or possibly just the hood

I tried the email provided in that thread there and got a bounce-back, he must be gone from the company. I sent a general email to their contact us page, we will see if that gets a reply. Still hoping someone on here has seen one of these before and has more info on it.

On 2/7/2018 at 10:58 AM, swedefiddle said:

Good Morning,

For quite a few people, an e-mail is a bother. They won't answer. Pick up your telephone and call them. If you ask intelligent questions, you most likely will get an interested person.

Neil

Tried that a few times now too, phone rang busy twice now from the google number and can't find anything on their site with an updated number

Welcome aboard, glad to have you. Is that an id plackard I see riveted to it? There will be a model or and serial # and probably the patent on it. Exercise your GoogleFu.  Use the interForce it is your friend. ;)

Frosty The Lucky.

15 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Welcome aboard, glad to have you. Is that an id plackard I see riveted to it? There will be a model or and serial # and probably the patent on it. Exercise your GoogleFu.  Use the interForce it is your friend. ;)

Frosty The Lucky.

Sure is, in the first post I listed the info on that tag, its model 132 and serial number 357. Neither of these plus any combination of hanchett return anything, nor does any hanchett patent search...