I Forge Iron

Buying Hay Budden

Robcar

Rebound and ring test and GRAB it! US$2 a pound is a good deal here in America and Australian $2 a pound is a great deal in Australia.  I can't speak to the Hong Kong dollar..."The Dollar is the name of more than twenty currencies, including (ordered by population) those of the United States, Canada, Australia, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, New Zealand, Liberia, Jamaica, and Namibia..." wikipedia

Which is why we suggest folks edit their profile to give a general location...

Thank you to all who commented on this post.  Anvil passed hammer and ball bearing test giving clear tones and  a rebound of 75% to 80% with three-quarter inch ball bearing. Picked up anvil this morning paid $175.  Now I have to look at plans for building a stand.  Thank you again!!!!

Ya done good...

I'm sure you have already read about not using a grinder on the face of your new to you anvil.

A wire wheel on an angle grinder will clean it up fine. From the pictures I don't think it will need that though. Hammer hot steel on it to polish the face.