I Forge Iron

Save the dates! Spring and Fall Meets 2018

• 1 month later...
50 minutes ago, Marker Dylan said:

Do you have to be a NEB member to attend the meet?

Welcome aboard..  Congrats on finding the group..

NO, but it works out to be a lot less expensive to just join.. There is a cost to benefit ratio of membership being part of attending and paying the fee for the event or something along those lines..   

There are some pretty talented people whom help out and demonstrate at the events.. 

Judson can fill in the blanks as he is one of the upper management folks if you can call it upper management..    

Hi, welcome aboard!  If you are ever near Bristol, drop me a line and come visit.

Here is the link to the membership page, http://www.newenglandblacksmiths.org/neb-membership/ or if you want to do it by paper I could post a pdf of the membership form for you to print.  You don't need to be a member to attend a meet, but it will cost you usually something like $10 or $20 more as a non-member.  (I havn't seen the prices for this year's meets yet but that's how it usually breaks down)  Some people buy a membership at the door when the get to their first meet.  A working meet like the spring one often costs less as we don't have to pay for a demonstrator.  

In addition to savings when attending meets there are other benifits, like access to our email list for up to date announcements and discussions, the ability to purchase our line of cast blacksmithing tools at cost, and subscription to one of the best newsletters in the country!  

Hope to see you around.

Jennifer, I think that was the first time in my life I've been called "upper management".  Will try to not take offense! (grin)IMG_2432.thumb.JPG.65fd8f642e240adf41be87b1817304c1.JPG

Hey,  when you are a big wig and humble it's a sign of respect when someone throws out the fishes, and cooks the good ones on the forge.. (charcoal forge)  ;)    One can not help how others see them.. :) 

Did it finally start to thaw up your way..  Ah, hum....   +++++++++++++ " snow.. 

• 1 month later...

update

The NEB 2018 Spring Meet will be June 1-3 in Brentwood, NH

The 2018 Spring Meet will be a working meet at our Brentwood Teaching Center. We will be making tools to be used at the teaching tent at the 2020 ABANA Conference. Conference attendees will be divided into multiple teams led by experienced forge masters. There will also be teams fabricating six new forges. There will be tasks for all experience levels so come join in.

Once the ABANA Conference is over, all the tools we make for the teaching tent will be returning with us. They will make it into our auctions, Iron-In-The-Hat, our raffles, and as prizes for our forging contests.

Dinner Saturday night will be by Goody Cole’s Smokehouse in Brentwood. There will be coffee, tea & probably donuts Saturday morning, a pancake breakfast on Sunday morning. I don’t know what the arraignments are for Saturday’s lunch are at this point. There is camping available at our facility. No hookups, though.

As always, bring eye and ear protection, non-synthetic clothing, and anything else you will need for a working meet.

Check back for full meet information and registration info.

JLP.    Freetown Historical Society is hosting a "hammer-in" at the forge on their property Saturday and Sunday.

I believe Dick Renker from NY and MA put it together along with the historic society members.

A Smith from "Arc and Flame Center" out of Rochester NY was the demonstrator.

Good people, good location, good demonstration. Unfortunately I couldn't stay all day.

2 hours ago, Scoot said:

JLP.    Freetown Historical Society is hosting a "hammer-in" at the forge on their property Saturday and Sunday.

I believe Dick Renker from NY and MA put it together along with the historic society members.

A Smith from "Arc and Flame Center" out of Rochester NY was the demonstrator.

Good people, good location, good demonstration. Unfortunately I couldn't stay all day.

Never heard of it..  Good to know in the future..    I've never been to a hammer-in..  What went on or what happens there?  You going to the meet in NH..   I'm looking to recruit..  

I"ve been tasked with making 20 sets each of fire rakes and shovels..    As the Military signs read "Looking for a few good men  smiths.. "