I Forge Iron

Co-workers wife passed

Michael Cochran

Today as I was leaving work there was a note on the timeclock about one of the department supervisors wife having passed. She’s been sick for some time (well over a year) but I hadn’t heard about anything changing until today. 

I don’t know what it is about this time of year but it seems like it happens ever year when it starts getting good and cold. It’s sad it’s so close to the holidays and there are so many out there in the world losing loved ones. Let’s all take time to enjoy our friends and family and remember all those who’ve lost someone recently. 

It seems like you are right about the time of year Michael. Just recently a long time friends mother passed. Collapsed during therapy after a hip replacement. Then a friend of mine and his was not doing well in the hospital (two time liver transplant due to a disease) and passed unexpectedly.   It's a tough time with all the other stress that can come about this time of year.  

23 hours ago, Michael Cochran said:

I don’t know what it is about this time of year but it seems like it happens ever year when it starts getting good and cold.

You are right about this time of yr. and my mother who was an RN for yrs. and would be 104 yrs old now always said "Mother Nature cleans house with the sick at the start of winter"  I think she had something there.  Plus it seems harder to deal with loses around the Holidays.   

Blessings on the surviving family members.