I Forge Iron

Tactical Tomahawk... First attempt

Well, I'm what my kids call Noob,  in the world of knife making. Been into this new passion of mine for about three months. I just finished my first Tactical Tomahawk. Tools I used were my standard stuff. Porter Cable angle grinder, dremel tool, Ryobi Impact /drill, and various woodcarving hand tools. I made this one out of a lawnmower blade and a leg from an old bar stool. All my materials are recycled from our local dump. Would love your opinions and advice. Thx 

1217171349.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much.. I actually designed the handle based in my daily use of a store bought hand axe. What I mean is I designed the handle to include features that DID NOT exist in the store bought one. My daughter and I live in a very rural area in Suwannee County FL, off the Suwannee River, and spend, alot of time outside. The hand axe is a regular part of our everyday work and play. Thanks again for your encouragement! I'm new to this and appreciate your words immensely!