I Forge Iron

8 minutes ago, JHCC said:

Ah, the ongoing saga of @Lou L and his blowers! Glad this one is working out well. 

This one is perfect!  It’s a small 1/8 hp blower for yard inflatables.  I got it on Amazon as an open box scratch and dent.  It is pretty quiet and puts out much more pressure.  I forged yesterday and much of what I did was play around with adjustments of the air gate to see how much control I have over the fire.  I have lots :)

12 hours ago, JHCC said:

Ah, the ongoing saga of @Lou L and his blowers! Glad this one is working out well. 

It IS turning into an epic tale. I'm almost hesitant to suggest drawing that shaft to blue, getting a coarser band then taking the Portaband to it. The rule of thumb for saws is 3 teeth on the metal at once. Finer is NOT better, too many teeth and the cuttings can't clear so they ball up and gall, then the blade jams. I can't find coarser than 10-14 variables but they seem to be working if you don't feed them too fast.

Ah SNAP I made the suggestion anyway! It's that helpful gene again.

Frosty The Lucky.

For many years I shot competitively around the Northeast portion of the country.  I shot with some top long shooters in the US, I not being one of them.  I kept a small notebook of  excuses why my day's shooting wasn't up to par.  I would have an excuse and  x the book to see if I had used it recently like wrong ammo, not enough sweatshirts, sun wrong, barrel shot out etc,  When I came up with a new one in the book it went.  Eventually the word got around and others would show up to get an excuse out of the book,   Ran across the book when I moved last Dec. 

I've got nothing done in the shop recently and now I have my backhoe parked in there to get it out of the snow so I'm working on a new book, ",Pain in the butt to have to start the backhoe and move it out for a small job", "if I move it out it will bring snow back in the shop, "  first two entries.

What an awful situation. My workshop has electricity once again so excused are going to get even more stupid than before! I was going to work on my anvil for a bit, but... I forgot where I but the hunk-o-steel the last time. By the time I located it again it was "too dark" to do anything... It's like I deliberately forgot the power's running again!