Sign in to follow this  
C-1ToolSteel

Impact driver with finicky clutch settings

So I accidentally left my Dewalt 20v max impact driver outdoors, last night. It was under a shelter, so it shouldn't have gotten wetter than just normal Tennessee dew. It was cold, though, too (high 20s or low 30s Fahrenheit). I brought it in this morning, and didn't notice any problems until tonight when I picked it up. It is supposed to be slow on the "1" setting, fast on the "2" setting and even faster on the "3" setting. Right now, though, it is sometimes very fast, sometimes slow (as it should be) on the "1" setting. The "2" setting is slow like the "1" setting should be, and the "3" setting is normal. Tried a different batterrie, and same thing. I know this isn't the best place to post questions about power tools, but I just wanna see if any of y'all have any suggestions. Thanks in advance!

Let it dry properly and it may come good.  You can help it with a hair dryer on a low setting (Not super hot) 

Probably just some water or minor corrosion on the selector pins.
It'll be a fairly simple physical switch which runs over a circuit board, allowing the controller to adjust.

Properly dried out, it'll probably be fine.. failing that, just open it up, use a bit of contact cleaner, and screw it back together.