I Forge Iron

Please pray for our family

Tommie Hockett

Hey guys I am sorry that we have not been on in awhile. We haven't forgotten all of the good people here that have taught us so much. And right now My family is in need of you're help we need for y'all to send up some serious prayers to the man upstairs. On Monday morning we lost our grandson who was 3 years old in a house fire and our granddaughter held onto life until God called her home early Tuesday morning. Our family is grief stricken and lost at the moment and we need all of the strength that God can provide. We appreciate all of you're prayers.

Man, can't imagine what that would be like. Praying for ya'll.

Littleblacksmith 

Tom,

Marg and I have added your grandson, grand daughter, you, your wife and all members of the family, names to our list of prayers and intentions.

May the lord grant all of you strength, and heal your grand daughter.

Were are here for you and will offer any help and moral support.

SLAG.

It's hard enugh to loose those we love, but to lose them so young and to a tragic event is heart wrenching. Normaly I would wish you to remember the love and life of the deceased, but it is so difficult for those so young.

I will bend my knee for those who are grieving, and I will ring my anvil to honor the dead.  

Praying for everyone involved. The death of a child is always heat-wrenching ,  and I can not imagine the death of a grandchild. Trust God through it all, he will see ya through.  Remember you have a lot of prayers from all of us and many a ringing anvil. 

Thank you all so much. And I ask one more favor of all of you. If you do not have smoke detectors please get some. My Daughter's house did not have any. Not that it is her fault. Not at all. You never think something as terrible as this would befall you and yours. The landlord should have provided them under law but it isnt his fault either..... the fire originated in the our childrens room due to faulty wiring and a space heater. That has not been confirmed by the fire marshall yet but it is our best guess. They all tried valiantly to rescue the babies but the good lord needed them in Heaven more than we needed them. I am very thankful for the time that we had with them. This doesnt seem real it is like watching a movie that we are all apart of, I keep hoping to wake up from it...... the four adults lost everything that they had including 2 dogs. However the outpouring of Love from the community has been overwhelming there have been donations and there is talks of benefits from several of the local MC's. I just thought that you all might like to know more I'm sorry if this doesnt read very well, I have been having a hard time putting my thoughts together.

Our Granddaughter's name is Elizabeth Francis Cosgrove and our Grandson's name is Justin Micheal Cosgrove. We will always love and remember them.

You're  prayers are greatly appreciated.

Also my job has been very helpful they are giving me the next 3 weeks off and taking donations for us and they have setup a thing where other employees can donate their vacation days to me so that I may be able to stay at home longer.

The only thing you can do is try and see what you are to learn from this tragedy. Be it advocate for smoke detectors use, or be it somthing you can not see. 

I am glad that your employer is going to be there for you, it's rare these days.

I would suggest seeking greif counseling sooner than later, you and the Mrs. will have a hard enugh time of it is, with out trying to tough it out to appear strong for the rest of the family. Honestly the best thing you can do is to show them how to greive. 

I'm sorry I keep forgetting to put things on here. My son's employer "toby Kieth's I love this bar and grill" has adopted his family and are taking up donations also. They have also told him that if he needs to take 6 months or year off they dint care that he has his job when he feels able to return.

Also I am by no means asking for this just putting it out there that mom's donuts in gainesville tx has a gofundme page setup. 

My stepson and his wife have decided that any donations above and beyond helping them to rebuild their lives and my step daughter and her partners lives will be donated to other house fire victims.

Just picked up on this post. Tom, that is so, so sad and words cannot express how you must be feeling. We can only imagine the heartbreak you are going through and offer our deepest condolences. A terrible tragedy.

• 7 months later...

Thank you all so much. It's been a long, hard road but the Lord is seeing us through it day by day. I apologize that I haven't been on this wonderful site in a very long time. This is the first time I've read all the kind support and prayers you guys poured out on us and  I am humbled and grateful.  I lost my heart for just about everything. I feel like getting back to the land of the living again by the grace of God. I'm ready to pick up a hammer again. Thank you again for making us feel like family