I Forge Iron

Where to place pyrometer in forge

Jlinner

Hi guys,

I was given some advice on the board to get the TM6801 pyrometer and I did. Now I'm at the point where I need to install in my forge build and I have zero idea on where to place said item. I have attached a pic of the equipment I purchased, if anyone is familiar with this probe can you please advice on placement and pics if you have them?

Thank you in advance,

John

20171129_192728.jpg

6 minutes ago, ThomasPowers said:

Place it where your work piece will be, but out of the way. as that's where you want to know the temperature right?

Correct Thomas, I was looking for a way to permanently mount it so its out of the way but obviously still in the forge.

1 hour ago, Irondragon Forge & Clay said:

Welcome to IFI, if you edit your profile to show your location, you may be surprised how many members are near you and a lot of answers are location dependent.

Pictures of your forge would help with where and how to locate the pyrometer.

Hello Irondragon,

Thank you for the advise and I have updated my profile to include location and I will upload a pic on my forge.

Here is a my forge, I have not coated it yet with refractory and wool as I was waiting on probe location.

20171127_201107.thumb.jpg.abd8c884d8f7c61d47fd0d73439a9702.jpg