I Forge Iron

Please identify this power hammer

Unfortunately I just missed the owner this evening, so I didn't get to go inside today.  I guess I'll just keep trying.  I think you are right Judson, I managed to get a shot from the side and it looks homemade. Anyway, I'll post pics of the whole shop when I get the tour.

20171124_163343.jpg

20171124_163601.jpg

Unfortunately not.  Currently it belongs to a 90 year old woman. Her father in  law worked as a full time smith until his death. This was in the early 50s.  Her husband pulled his dad's model t inside and closed the doors. The family has done almost nothing to preserve or promote this awesome piece of history.

The pieces outside came from a shed that collapsed. In the owners words "they had to do something with all the junk".

The neighbor who made introductions for me was surprised how pleasant the owner was. Apparently she has run multiple people off the property. I'm looking forward to going back. I only asked to document the shop, and am NOT actively pursuing the contents. It would feel wrong at this point.