I Forge Iron

Tragic Accident, Please Pray

Tubalcain2

Yesterday afternoon the 2 year old little girl of a friend of ours was killed by a car backing out of their driveway. No fault of the driver,  she ran behind the vehicle when it was moving and was too short to be seen. Her whole family was there and saw it happen. This may seem a bit whacked to a lot of ya'll, but today at 2:00 central time her family and friends are gathering to pray for a resurrection. We will be having 50ish folks over to our place to do the same. It may be out of the comfort zone of a lot of ya'll, but I invite you to join in prayer for the resurrection of this child. If you can not make the time to do it at 2:00 central with the rest of us, do it whenever you can. We serve the God of the living, and He who creates life can restore it. If it is His will, for whatever reasons we don't understand,  that she should not be brought back, pray for healing in the family. This girl has 10 siblings, IIRC. They are a tight knit family and losing a member would be especially shaking. Also pray for the driver of the car, a close friend and next door neighbor to the family.  She has got to be dealing with a lot of guilt. 

Thanks a bunch, 

Elijah Schminke, Alias TC2

It's hard to deal with the death of a child as a bystander. I can only imagine the loss of a child or the accidental cause of death of one. Knee bent, head bowed and tears shed. 3 rings of the anvil for the child, and I take the horn and heal in hand and pray again for the survivors. 

Is their anything else we can do?

From what I hear,  after waiting overnight the family has decided to bury her this afternoon. His will be done. All things work together for the good for those who love God. Hard to see how this could work out for the best, but His ways are higher than ours. Thanks for praying everyone. 

1 hour ago, SLAG said:

Only "some"? I suggest that it is most.

It IS a shattering experience. We feel your pain.

Hang in there.

SLAG.

OK, yeah. Definitely most. I should clarify that although this is painful enough for me as any child's death might be,  We are not particularly close with this family. We know each other pretty well, but have parted ways recently, and we have not been really tight. I have maybe seen this child 3 times. That being, the prayer is really needed for them, not me. I am saddened, but not, devastated. We are affected most directly by the honorary grandparents of the girl being very good friends of ours. Please don't pray for me , pray for the family of the girl with me. 

thanks a bunch

Elijah: Only a sociopath wouldn't take hearing about this accident like a kick in the guts. How well do you have to  know someone? Sure, the world is full of this and worse tragedy we can't do anything about, too often donations line pockets rather than buy food and medicine. 

This brings the need to pray for EVERYBODY to mind. Who on earth can't use a little extra goodness from higher? Like it or not Brother you're on my list too.

Frosty The Lucky.

Well Frosty sums a lot up there. As I have learned as well, we all could do better with a mention from higher up. While I cant go praying for a person/ child to come back from the dead ( too Pet Cemetary for me and that's almost asking for (possession) imo) we have to accept things and losses in our lives that we can't change, And try to accept it and or find any meaning in it that there can be. I'll continue thoughts and prayers for all touched by this to find peace in it. As I have learned you can't exclude yourself since it touched you. 

My mother used to say that God answers every prayer: sometimes with “Yes”, sometimes with “No”, and sometimes with “Not Yet”, and we have to trust that he always gives us the right answer, even if it’s not the one we wanted.