I Forge Iron

Octopus

JHCC, I think it could use a little more as well. 

Frosty, thanks. Yeah it has the main weight over the hind legs it sits on and will have no problem holding the shell. It just needs a small tweak and I'll get a picture with the shell after work today. 

Thanks Gergely. I may try another one out of all one piece now that I have the idea in mind. 

Adding more to my already crammed brain there Thomas. Lol. There are so many things an octopus sculpture could do. I like the lamp idea. Which got me thinking of trying to forge one from a piece of pipe. 

The only problem is I'll never be allowed to sell any of them since Elizabeth loves octopuses ( octopi?)... tentacley things.... Next will be to make a punch or punches to make the suckers on the tentacles. 

Making one of the legs from pipe to run the cord through for a desk light is obvious.

Putting an internal light, LED suggested for heat reasons, and drilling a lot of holes in the body as a night light.

Desk holder for a smart phone.

Soap holder for a bathroom sink.

Book holder for kitchen or desk (Seafood cookbook as an accessory???)

You are right, lots of ways to go with something that well done!

I just eyeballed them to get them even around the body then welded them on, adding a little weld in a u shape between them for some webbing. The smooth transition is thanks to a tie grinder with a burr bit lol. Then some sanding of course. Then into the fire to shape the legs. 

image.jpg

image.jpg