I Forge Iron

Buffalo Forge

Laynne

I am new to the board even though I have been reading for awhile. I have an old Buffalo Forge fire pot that I have been unable to find an image of online. Most that I see the fire pot and tuyere are bolted together. Mine is two halves vertically with clinker breaker and ash drop. I don't know if this was a bad design and was discontinued. The photo I have isn't very good but it is all I have for now. It was my Grandfather's and probably hasn't been fired in 60 or 70 years. Any information would be much appreciated.

Laynneforge.jpg.8e4f0156d361633f386e94d60f1e33e8.jpg

Welcome aboard Laynne, glad to have you. If you'll put your general location in the header you might be surprised how many of the gang live within visiting distance. 

That looks like a usable fire pot, making a table is easy. Do you have a blower or bellows?

Frosty The Lucky.

4 hours ago, Laynne said:

I am in South Central Kansas.

Yes, a Buffalo 200 blower came with it. The blower is functional but won't hold oil.

Hi Laynne welcome to the forum, if you edit your profile to show your location you may be surprised how many of the gang are close to you and after this post we won't remember your location. Another thing about knowing your location is a lot of answers are location dependent.

I have 2 champion blowers that leak oil like crazy, if I over fill them. Like Charles said, just squirt a little oil in until you see oil around the main shaft and it will be good to go the gears will pull the oil up to keep it well lubed.

• 1 month later...