I Forge Iron

Protection of the propane hose

bigb

I tried using some 3/4 ' flexible metallic conduit today but it is just too heavy, it wants to pull against my burner assembly and I am afraid it will damage the small 1/8" pipe or pull everything off center. I thought about some kind of support but I tend to move the forge around, plus my roof in my work area cranks up and down so that won't work too well. I am going to pick up some aluminum 3/4" flexible conduit, it weighs less than 1/2 what the steel weighs, and try that.

It's on this 3 legged stainless steel adjustable meat plant scale table that I got for free. I like it because I can set the height so I don't have to bend over to look into the forge. I thought about a support arm, maybe I'll make one coming off the shaft that can rotate out and away from the forge. 

Duct tape? hmmmmm... I didn't think of that either. I guess I am not really a duct tape kind of guy:Dforge1.thumb.jpg.aa76e9e8b6d7ce55f8ec6f4c559e0c13.jpg

forge2.jpg

I have thought about that but it's getting to the point where I need to be done setting up my shop and actually use it. I am going to rig up a support like Thomas suggested, although not sure about the duct tapeB). Thomas as many times as I have driven through Socorro one of these days I should stop and buy you lunch. Or bring you something from Arizona. Do you need any cactus?

We have our own cacti!  Do you come out HW 60?  (Through the old mining towns.) As I work in Mexico most days I'm down near El Paso so if you are thinking about it let me know ahead of time and I can be in Socorro for the Weekend.  By the way they have totally redone the Mineral Museum at NM Tech; new building and all.

We come straight up I-25 into Santa Fe or Las Vegas. In July we spent a week in Mora. (Cleveland actually but everyone thinks that is in Ohio). Planning to retire soon and will likely spend summers up there, will be doing a lot of day trips and exploring then. 

8 hours ago, ThomasPowers said:

How do you get from Arizona to I 25?  I-10, HW 60? ??? I'm about 2 miles off an  I-25 exit near Socorro; but can see it from the house as it's the offset frontage road sort of thing...  Have you checked out Ruidoso?

We take I-10 to Deming then 26 to Hatch where we get on I-25. Been to Ruidoso a few times....years ago. Just had a friend move up there though so we will no doubt go visit.