I Forge Iron

Need some info.

Good morning everybody,

Looking for info to join the organization. Looked at new web site and didn't find anything to move in that direction.

I am in the process of moving to Mass. from NY. Kinda like jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

I'm a current member of the New York State Designer Blacksmiths.

Right now my shop is pretty well torn apart, half here in Mass and half in NY.

Dick Renker

I have just gotten involved with a historical society in Assonet Ma., its a small village in the town of Freetown. They are wanting to increase the traffic there. They have an active blacksmith shop that represents the two shops they had in their town. I suggested a hammer-in to kinda help put the place on the map and so far they are acceptable to that.

The question I have now,  Is there any one that would be willing to demo for a hammer-in there?

I think we are looking at some time in the late April/May area. They have 16 acres of land and I was thinking perhaps a two day event with folks able to camp there if it went that way. they have water, rest rooms and electric . Also what would the cost be for the demo.

I have a meeting with the president and a board member on this coming Sat, so if there is any interest I would appreciate hearing before then.

In the mean time I hope to be able to visit some of the local members shops to introduce my self. At the present I am living in Attleboro, Ma.

Thanks

If I hooked up our dogs I wouldn't get out the driveway. One is the 10 year old service dog Abby. Then there's Baxter the dachshund sports star, yeah he's a dog jock. Lastly there's Falki the Icelandic Sheep dog, beautiful, lovable and almost untrainable. I'd have three dogs tangled around me in about 15 seconds.

I wouldn't mind doing a little snow birding though and Deb just bought a RV. YOU have to explain why I want to use HER RV till next summer. She doesn't want me to touch anything in it yet, well I got to ride shotgun once but Baxter was upset at me I was in his seat. Brother if I took her RV she would hunt me down and take it back, me not so likely  . . . 

I don't predict the future though, one never knows.

Frosty The Lucky.

• 3 weeks later...

arftist,

right now I am at home in ny till the13 th and start back to work on the 14th. we can sure meet up. most of my work right now is in east taunton. I work for mass coastal railroad and my days start at 0500 and on the job site 0700. while like you I cant leave job site but we can sure hook up after work. I'm usually done between 3 and 5. just a lot of depends upon. my phone is PM me

dick