I Forge Iron

Help in Cincinnati Ohio Building a Forge

Chiefum

So I was wondering how helpful people are on here with actually helping to build a forge? Is there anyone willing to physically help me build a forge? I was going to buy a forge from Majestic Forge but I've seen some people on here complaining about their design and not being very efficient. I'm mainly asking because I don't own any tools myself so if I was to build my own then I would need help.

16 minutes ago, Mikey98118 said:

Excellent forges can be built with little more than a couple of hand tools and a Dremel rotary tool from eBay. You are going to need a few of these tools anyway if you ever plan to build anything practical with your forge.

True enough that I'll need some tools at some point. Though right now I can't afford all that.

31 minutes ago, ThomasPowers said:

Ohio is one of the greatest places I know of to buy old tools at fleamarkets.  Can you spend US$5 a week doing that?

That's basically what I'm going to be doing. Picking up one thing a paycheck or so.

Check out the Build a Gas Forge attachment on the Forge Supplies page on my web-site for instructions on how I like to build a good, efficient, and long lasting forge.  It is surprising how easily you can build a great forge, better than most commercial forges for much less money.

You can contact me by PM or e-mail or phone from information found on my profile here.

Let me know if I can help you.

Wayne

7 hours ago, Chiefum said:

I was going to buy a forge from Majestic Forge but I've seen some people on here complaining about their design and not being very efficient. I'm mainly asking because I don't own any tools myself so if I was to build my own then I would need help.

You were going to buy a COMMERCIAL forge, but don't think you can afford a couple of hand tools?