I Forge Iron

Las Vegas

Tommie Hockett

Please pray for the victims and the families affected by this act of evil. I don't even know what to say here yall some xxxxxxxx xxxx has shot our fellow Americans and it seems that he then killed himself. The talking heads on the media want to turn it into a gun debate. All I ask is that we don't politicize this the man was sick in his heart and he was evil that is all there is to the matter. I am so saddened by this that I don't know how to properly convey my words so please just pray for everyone that was effected by this and pray for the country to turn itself around and get back to where we started from.

I haven't been doing anything but since I heard this morning. I'm saying a special prayer for the shooter, there isn't any evidence he had problems, no contact with police,  a traffic 7 years ago and a parking violation. We'll learn more as they process his home and property.  

I'm thinking psychotic break. People "snapping" isn't necessarily a sudden event it can build up and be expressed over time. His planning and the effort to acquire full auto, or modify a semi-auto rifles isn't an indication of ulterior motive. It can all be a expression of psychosis. I've watched an acquaintance  fall apart, he went from everyday guy to annoying character to being 86'd from every cafe in town to finally the hospital and it took months to build. 

Sorry for the ramble. I'm just thinking we should pray for whatever hell drove, as his brother says, just another guy, to commit such horror. If anybody's soul needs help his does.

Mourning the horror Frosty.

we all know where that man's going. don't even get me started on the gun "issue". definitely praying for all those involved. we had a smaller shooting at a local church a week or so ago.  hard to believe people can be so messed up as to do stuff like that. i'm starting to smoke so i better stop typing before i break forum rules. 

While I understand where Tubalcaun2 is coming from and I agree with him. I also agree with Frosty, somewhere in the bible it states that we should pray for our enemies. I'm sorry I don't know the chapter or the verse. So please we all have very raw feelings on this subject and until more evedince comes out maybe we as humans should leave it up to the Almighty. We can all rest assured that he will no doubt sort it out. Remeber evil can never tear us apart if we stand unified as one nation under God!

Edited by Tommie Hockett
Had to change what I saod it didn't convey my thoughts well enough

You're right Tommy. God's the judge not me, and i'm sure glad of it too. I get carried away by my indignation sometimes, and it's something i need to work on curbing. I don't know if forgiveness is possible after death, but if it is i hope he finds it. God bless our troubled country 

I'm having to keep my mouth shut on this and really think before I speak. God be with those effected from this tradgedy, and let this be something that brings the country closer together and not something that divides us more. It's a terrible coweredly thing that happened.

Littleblacksmith 

I was actually in town when it happened. I was crashing at a friend's apartment when I woke up to go to work and had a text telling me to call her.  There was a lot of misinformation in the early stages. Now the conspiracy theorists are getting into the act......    It turns out he had booked a room overlooking the Lallapalooza music festival, as well as the Life is Beautiful music festival here last month, so this was a very well planned out attack, not a random mental breakdown. Like Frosty mentioned, he had no priors, was a pilot and passed the mental screenings, passed all of the gun purchasing checks,  etc.. We may never know what made him go off the deep end like he did. 

The metro area really came together. Blood banks had lines down the street and appointments were booked out a week in advance. People are volunteering services, and it really has united this community that has been known more for being standoffish. For those who were directly affected it will take a long time to get through this, I don't know if you could ever get over what happened. 

Unfortunately this is a sign of the times we live in, so we all have to be aware of what is going on around us. Situational awareness. The gun debate is just a symptom of a greater societal problem that we have yet to discover the root cause of. Just tonight out near where I live we had an innocent motorist killed by another vehicle involved in a separate road rage incident. Too much anger and hate today over trivial XXXX. 

• 5 months later...

Thank you all for your prayers. I live here. I was headed back into town when it happened from California. The devastation was horrible. Many I know lost friends. The city has banded together since and the healing is visible but it will take a long time to heal it all. Please keep praying for us.