I Forge Iron

Jay Hayes Clamshell Kit?

Militant83

I don't know anything about his clamshell forge. But if I remember correctly he is an actual heating engineer and one of the earliest of the movers and shapers in gas blacksmithing forges. His oval forges have been around for decades. I consistently consulted him while righting the section on propane hoses in my book. I believe he would have become famous if he had leaned into keeping up a modern website. There would never have been a niche in the marketplace for Chile Forge to fill.

I don't know anything about his clamshell forge. But if I remember correctly he is an actual heating engineer and one of the earliest of the movers and shapers in gas blacksmithing forges. His oval forges have been around for decades. I consistently consulted him while righting the section on propane hoses in my book. I believe he would have become famous if he had leaned into keeping up a modern website. There would never have been a niche in the marketplace for Chile Forge to fill.

Good to know...his prices are reasonable and still gives me a little DIY to it as it is a kit.. He was highly recommended by someone else however I have never seen any of his forges aside from the few pics of the kit pieces he has sent me. I would never have known about him if another fellow blacksmith didn't tell me to contact him.

Check out the Build a Gas Forge attachment on the Forge Supplies page of my web-site.  It is a "clam shell design" and is quite easy to build.  This is how I like to build a tough, long lasting, efficient forge.

Go to my Profiles above for my web-site and contact information.

Let me know how I can help you.

Wayne

Check out the Build a Gas Forge attachment on the Forge Supplies page of my web-site.  It is a "clam shell design" and is quite easy to build.  This is how I like to build a tough, long lasting, efficient forge.

Go to my Profiles above for my web-site and contact information.

Let me know how I can help you.

Wayne

Your link seems to be broken to your site. I keep getting this site isn't available.