I Forge Iron

I'm getting married!

FieryFurnace

Many of you guys have followed and helped my work since day one! 

So I figured I'd share the big news on here. I'm getting married! 

I've been looking for a while now and like just about everyone else, have had my ups and downs....happiness and heartbreak. 

My bride's name is Sarah Grace! She's from North Dakota! 

We've "known" each other online for several years but I started talking to her this year and we really hit-it-off and things have just gone really well. 

We are getting married on October 14th of this year. When we get back home, we'll be living in the house I am working on building on my 17 acres. The house still needs lots of work, but she is willing and able to help and is looking forward to being able to set up her kitchen and things like that. We are both greatly blessed and looking forward to starting our lives together. 

My smithing business is alive and well and fully capable of supporting myself and a family so I will continue to forge and be active in the smithing community to the best of my ability.

IMG_4721.JPG

IMG_4738.JPG

Congratulations!   Hard work and good communications can take a marriage a long way!  (mine passed 33 year mark in August; my parents made it to 63 years) When we were young and poor I used to bring my wife wild flowers just to let her know I was thinking of her.

But have you told your anvils yet?????

Congratulations Dave! I still have an image of you as the 15 year old who joined us here but it's been a few years hasn't it.

Dave and Sarah, sounds good, you two look good together and the thought of a fresh Custer Muster sounds even better. 

Please offer the soon to be Sarah Grace Custer my heartiest best wishes and prayers for success in the new venture. Finishing the house together will be a good start in learning to work together. Big adjustments coming, better to make them young than wait as long as I did.

This is just toooo cooool. I'm REALLY excited for the both of you.

Frosty The Lucky.

My anvils found out! Actually she's already helped me make two hammers and 15 pairs of tongs. She's a hard worker with a "jump-in-and-help" attitude. (Yeah, she's pretty awesome.) 

I appreciate the testimonies and examples of long successful marriages and words of encouragement. 

I'm a strict toilet seat down after use guy, so we're all good there! lol