I Forge Iron

Reasonable priced source of Rigidizer

ede

After paying $50.00 for each for my last bottles of Rigidizer, I've had enough.  I discovered on a thread on alloyavenue  that  the pottery supply Axner appears to have some of the best prices for Rigidizer I have seen, although I haven't checked out their shipping.   Axner also appears to be in Florida, AKA Irma's aftermath. 

• 2 weeks later...

Binesman: I think you're closing in on Charles for . . . interesting and amusing spelling. Yeah, that's WAY too thick, you want to be able to use it in a spray bottle or paint brush. It's supposed to soak into the blanket some and make it stiffer, not just a surface coat.

Man, I GOTTA ask, what do you get paid to do a kob? Do I even want to know what a kob is?

A LITTLE Jet dry in the water will help the solution mix more easily.

Frosty The Lucky.

Jasen said  "...used a cup of silica in a pint of water. Idk if it's proper amount but it worked very well on my forge."

Incidental,  is the most useful kind of information on this group. Thank you for posting; this will help loads of people.

Sorry; that should have read "Jasent said..."

Jasen said  "...used a cup of silica in a pint of water. Idk if it's proper amount but it worked very well on my forge."

Incidental,  is the most useful kind of information on this group. Thank you for posting; this will help loads of people.

Forgot to add the 4 drops of food coloring. 

• 2 months later...
On 9/22/2017 at 12:10 PM, Mikey98118 said:

Ive been looking for this info for about 3 days now... might be sticky worthy...