I Forge Iron

End of day relaxing

jeremy k

I heard a pair of Great Horneds just last night around 10:00. Lovely birds, and very relaxing to go to sleep to, if they aren't too close! It's actually the first time I've heard them here; we used to hear one or two at our old place and I really missed getting woken up by them, even if it was usually 2 AM.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

T.P.,

Your Javelina could become a star performer in an authentic Indian vindaloo curry.

The dish is one of the highlights of Indian cuisine.

Pork and Indian cuisine?

Yes it originated in the Portuguese colony Goa in South West India. (among Indian Roman Catholics).

SLAG.

Frosty Sahib,

I do not own a tandoor (oven). They are very expensive. And surprisingly fragile. One wrong move and the oven will be punctured. The thin walled oven cannot be fixed. You just watch the interior sand flow out, as you scream.

Yes the nans are slapped onto the inner walls of the plenum, and they bake there. And boy are they delicious. The rest of the tandoor cuisine bakes inside on very metal long skewers.

Tandoor food is not spicy.

I do not think that there is a tandoor in St. Louis. But then again I may be wrong. I do know that there are no really authentic Indian restaurants in the town. Only a few come close and they are all very overpriced.

Regards to all the gang.

SLAG.

So don't use a tandoor, use a forge. I mean this IS a blacksmith site after all. I cook in the forge, makes great glory hole steak. Bite size bits toasted in a ridiculously HOT place. Between coals in the camp fire or a orange hot forge. Just kill the gas and cook away. 

If you're cooking glory hole prawns you want unpealed, they're done when the shells and legs burn off. About 15 seconds is right. 

Frosty The Lucky.