I Forge Iron

Anvil identification help?

Hi guys.. long time lurker here hoping someone can give some suggestions on what type of anvil this could be?

My friend has this anvil at his welding shop he works at.  He says he has never seen anyone use it.  I haven't seen it and he hasn't mentioned any marking on it, but here are a couple pics to show what it looks like:

rS7ZPqLxTdTjd3pYvqBNAwHl0iFIe-5XoRo8kve04jfwz_x-LLi_p0rpxbB4jyFEVO1ZXWJdqEU1-yrTCk9s4FU_gSKwcjbnetuKalLF-44tbSigHENmOzQreT1cz_vb-IiN2ou-yzOnlXCdYyY7ksMRy8kkVvahuIkwiElmFNGrIuHZNz36d3B1Y3EAKpIVk-FmQkpynXigAH9qBFWgF6UwzA8zgHLHmOPWm_z5_pLx_-Dhv6hNM1k2-RZAF1lo74YmBQsOl6pgEy-QIjQM_rPWSV00VdW3_Rz_X2tPv-T8gcKowpKirtZNrHSYdLzAguire4-ABmNAJpSBglUlS94lc08uLk43V5bBh-ogwByAzA3HS6siCVFYJ8I3cIfQ6O5VjrqsFWXuIenh53bUAqmSCwgIA1XJ0A0c-kXCXn6H9nOW4haLU6PA5WyOKSD-aSDmS15CFCe15oLCNTjKpJzOWEs2iQay1B9bwjaTBIg6ZZWZCpTuCVvPEzhqtrEzjbEr7df4nLr5FRB_SrfsdkMVvQXoCmD8wCk1UaaOuUgBopEcBkGaQkbaNZ3DqBYsR61Dg9BNP8IW2IKDtveexjF-icy1eAg1fF3DSwCfuEHJrRfkNn1Uaw=w681-h792-no

slcs_fu274LKaUNLheqX5uZPrE79F5JafsJDZXXTHSzIsibY0i5RUKWmVT8htaUvigUOPnEiCocBaxCKtVqXD6So5_y5R-x4_uJ56oVZvuBvqRkqmvVM4q5Upfd2luJ756fcUslOdemaMY0zO2PPc9VaOzkXulyyH8bUzR1trqVSUy6hE6TMebX4dR9HF_vjHiQfe0_28T-MBZSZuA344MYwX_Cpad_8niFuHxAQRajpdJm9o6VXkLAL_yAtq_akPqKs_IpLjy82eUFswZSHmKNXX0HEshaT4KtkSmK0E_CNMAOE4h70mAgKSheM4BH2Ld6_IOxiD3gbujrKL6b7_JEMPe3K_HHH-_NBphElls49ob4RZKr75tuNOBg8VCTDYiFho7i0dbaAndDiiRszvbVP051rriIgC4K8enmnjG3sDagRed4k4M1VgZgSZEe_f4h7wAPj24DtMAEZW2OguhQE4yWGLRgY85lMHqILmIrhN5mlYpb6vK9qqMHaHRXFCOr27qlOwHOnJ013hQgnKtQ3L8vtsoADLESaa0x82vCeNkzEJmuxcAcg_7MM4aWAJA0ryEEyDF5bt1tPeIeyu2n4H0N-jkC8Kb5YIH5BuXJtcNRa5jAHvg=w689-h930-no

Also, I should have more pics this evening when I see it in person... hopefully I'll be able notice if there are any markings on it then.

Sorry guys.. I'll upload them here.  Before I just pasted them into the window.

Anvil 1.jpg

anvil 2.jpg

4 minutes ago, Irondragon Forge & Clay said:

Windows 7 and Firefox browser. I right clicked on the pictures selected copy link location and pasted them into my post. Can you see the pictures in my post?

I still see them in the OP and in your post, but hopefully they are seen above when I uploaded them.

6 minutes ago, JSet12 said:

Sorry guys.. I'll upload them here.  Before I just pasted them into the window.

Ah, there they are!

Well, that's a relief. We had an issue a few years back with a software upgrade that lost almost all the photos on the site forever. There was just another software update in the last few days, so perhaps we're a bit jumpy.

It could possibly be something to do with the fact that I copied the images from Google Hangouts and then pasted them into the post.  Maybe the images only work if you are signed into Google when viewing the thread?  Anyway, now I know to upload versus just copy/paste.

That said, I got the anvil last night but by the time I got home it was too dark for pictures.  I'll take more later today and post.

Maybe it was a copy right protection code thing from Google or maybe just fog on the information super highway. 

Looks to be in pretty unused condition except for the torch gouge and big chip. I'm unfamiliar with "Samson" anvils but the chipped edge looks like hard high carbon steel that was whacked with a sledge hammer. Perhaps some idjit with a sledge hammer hitting it just because. I've worked with guys like that, knocked one down for walking up behind me and leaning on me while I was running a lathe. That wasn't the first time he pulled that kind of stunt nor the last. 

Anyway, idjits will abuse things just because they're there. It doesn't look like it's ever been worked on other than the chip and torch cut. 

Your friend looking to get rid of it? I'd certainly entertain any reasonable offer.

Frosty The Lucky.

Actually my friend was getting it for me.  My first anvil and I'm very lucky and super excited that it cost me nothing!  Anyone willing to take a guess at it's worth?  Not that I really care because it has a decent ring to it and the hammer rebound seems good also.