I Forge Iron

what can go wrong.....

Yeah, I watch hoping to see someone with better general metal shop experience make an appearance. I'm thinking if someone were to do the "rod in the drill press to run the temper out of hardened steel before drilling" trick even the judges would sit up and take notice. 

Deb has K-9 Nose Work practice Tue evenings and it's getting dark enough I have to drive so I don't get to watch FIF unless I want to stay up for the 1:00 am airing. Just because the listings SAYS it's a new episode doesn't tell you anything honest, as the "Cutting Deeper" NEW episodes show, all they do is add a little editing floor sweepings and it's NEVER BEEN SEEN! 

I have to get something to record video, these STUPID things we have won't record and  let you watch at the same time. Worse still, they're harder to program than the old VCRs with the perpetual blinking clock. 

Frosty The Lucky.

• 3 weeks later...

Ah, you guys yell at the TV too.  The "forged" ring in Lord of the Rings comes to mind.  Or complaining about anachronistic mishmashes of armor in Game of Thrones...mixed w fantasy armor...sigh. Not to mention cast Damasc....I mean Valerian steel. (Although I did stop it in the middle of the battle with the wildlings when John Snow ends up going over a beautiful double horn German anvil.)  The most common one though is hearing it in the background of a western/historical/fantasy movie and shouting "Stop (explecitive deleted in the style of Nixon) hitting it cold!!!"

At least GoT has the archers being commanded "Loose!" instead of "Fire!"

(Although there was a scene in this last season that shows a sword blade being partially quenched for reasons that are unclear. Interesting to note that Gendry seems to have made the transition from being an armorer's apprentice to being a swordsmith.)

• 1 month later...