I Forge Iron

Anyang 120

Finally in the last week my anyang 120 arrived and I finished installing it and got to use it a little today. They are nice hammers for sure! I don't have a lot of experience with power hammers but I'm very happy with the control this hammer has. Also dealing with James Johnson over the whole purchase was a pleasure. He answered emails and phone calls promptly and answered my questions patiently even when I hadn't decide for sure if I was going to get one yet. 

The hammer is setting on an isolated concrete pad 4' x 5' x 7' with 1" insulation to isolate it from the rest of the floor and then reinforced with 1/2" rebar. As you can see in the pictures I took the hammer off the base and filled it with sand per James recommendation to quiet it down which helped a lot. The frame the starter box is mounted to I had to fabricate as the box was just wired in and laying loose on the hammer when it arrived so it could be mounted to the wall. I have mine in the middle of the shop so I went this route. This thing hits hard or soft and anywhere in between with great control and with the concrete pad it really keeps the vibration from the rest of the shop. Just for those who might be interested the last picture is the phase converter I installed to run the hammer. If you have questions you were wondering about these hammers I'll tell you what I can.

IMG_5767_12_1.JPG

IMG_5768_13_1.JPG

IMG_5709_1_1.JPG

IMG_5769_14_1.JPG

IMG_5770_15_1.JPG