I Forge Iron

Who made this cast steel London pattern anvil?

Any thoughts on who made this cast steel London pattern anvil? I bought it on Friday assuming that it was a Peter Wright or similar make but upon closer examination found that it is a cast steel example with a clear parting line and some gas bubbles seen on the base and underside of the horn. It is almost impossible to see in person and in the photographs but the last photograph shows what I believe to be a small logo with the writing contained in a rectangle with curved ends or a similar geometric shape. I have not weighed it yet but it appears to be stamped 151 which feels about right as a weight in pounds.

A 1.JPG

A 2.JPG

A 3.JPG

A 4.JPG

A 5.JPG

A 6.JPG

A 7.JPG

A 8.JPG

Hey Hum,

Sure looks like my favorite.S.I.S.Co. Swedish cast steel. This is an older picture of mine. Sorry for the image quality, never zoomed in that much on that picture before. Sisco is a little thicker at the waist than Soderfors, same quality. Nice find. A little time with a wire brush, you may see a lot more. 

N.N.F.                       Beautiful, Manchester, Michigan. USA 

20170909_211657.png