I Forge Iron

I need help figuring out what brand and other information on an anvil

Do any of you know of how I could get a date of which this anvil was made?

On 9/6/2017 at 3:02 AM, Black Frog said:

C-1 is spot on, Hay-Budden with solid top.  Look for a serial number on the front foot under the horn, left side.  The numbers on the side down low between the railroad spikes is the weight stamp, 102?

On 9/5/2017 at 8:48 PM, C-1ToolSteel said:

Looks like a later Hay Budden wth solid tool steel from waist up. Very nice anvil!

On 9/5/2017 at 7:26 PM, John McPherson said:

The overall shape, plus the   -BUDD on the side, would lead one to believe that it is a HAY-BUDDEN. Any sign of a serial number on the front ledge of the feet?

On 9/5/2017 at 6:33 PM, ThomasPowers said:

What does the bottom look like?

Thank you for the help.

21 minutes ago, ThomasPowers said:

Yes; check the serial number against the list in "Anvils in America".

I'm having trouble finding "Anvils in America". How can I find it?

30 minutes ago, ThomasPowers said:

Yes; check the serial number against the list in "Anvils in America".

C-1; He asked "HOW" he could get a date for that anvil. I answered the question that was asked.  Perhaps he wants to be able to date other anvils---an open marriage forge type of thing.  He now knows were we get the information and not just a single date. (I enjoyed reading the book cover to cover even if Postman signed it for my wife and not me...)

Thank you very much! I appreciate all the help once again. I am new to all this and I appreciate the knowledge shared.

Oh, I forgot to add...

If you ever need any other anvils dated, Just ask C-1!

C-1; He asked "HOW" he could get a date for that anvil. I answered the question that was asked.  Perhaps he wants to be able to date other anvils---an open marriage forge type of thing.  He now knows were we get the information and not just a single date. (I enjoyed reading the book cover to cover even if Postman signed it for my wife and not me...)