I Forge Iron

Original PFP anvil, Dating ?

JustNick

I bought this as my first anvil I am told it is from the early 1910's to 1920. I think it is in really good shape and I would like to know more about it. I read the post on Peddinghaus  anvils but all the pictures are gone. I would also like to know if anyone knows what the numbers are that are stamped under the logo. I was told they think it was made for the German military and that is numbers they stamp into them. Anyway I am new to blacksmithing and would love to know more about my anvil. Thanks in advance Just Nick  

Anvil.jpg

anvil1.jpg

anvil2.jpg

anvil3.jpg

I have a code breaking book from Germany I acquired many years ago and inputing the characters and numbers I see in that line under the makers mark tells us..........that you have an awesome anvil in near perfect condition and to make beautiful things with her!  :-) :-)

• 1 year later...

Welcome to IFI Justin, I always suggest reading this thread to get the best out of the forum.

https://www.iforgeiron.com/topic/53873-read-this-first/

Looks like an original to me. Where is it located? I guess the hardy is covering the pritchel hole. Looks like all it needs is hot steel hammered on it to shine up the face.