I Forge Iron

Flea market finds...2 gems axe and cleaver!!!

CHUCK M

Took a trip to the local flea market today. Picked up a bunch of hammers, files, and wrenches for dirt cheap $25 for everything in that picture.  But , the reason for the thread is i wanted to show off these 2 gems I found, the cleaver has a makers mark that I wanted to research, and the axe has what looks to be a big makers mark made out of little circles, will have to get a rubbing.  BBQ lighter for size reference.  Will post pics of makers mark if anyone is interested, let me know what you think.

IMG_0377.JPG

IMG_0375.JPG

7 hours ago, ThomasPowers said:

What does the eye look like on the ax?  

Circles like the Krupp Logo?  (search on it)

Didn't notice anything thing unusual about the eye pretty standard, but I will take another look!

6 hours ago, ThomasPowers said:

Dimples may be owner or ornamentation too; eye looks european. Does it show evidence of steeling? Did you find it locally (east coast)? I'm thinking it could be colonial.

No steeling that I can see, got in in southern jersey the flea market seller was an antique dealer that only sold knives and axes, had lots of nice things.  he bought it from an estate sale.